- To provide services that contribute to the preservation of life, the protection of property, and the safety of the community.
- To maintain peace and public order. To assist during times of natural or technological occurrences or disasters. To provide for the safe and effective flow of both vehicular and pedestrian traffic and the investigation of traffic related accidents.
- To prevent crime through aggressive patrol that limits the opportunity for a crime to occur, and through education of citizens that reduces the likelihood of them becoming victims of crime. To provide a thorough, appropriate, and efficient investigation of criminal activity.
- To provide for the expeditious and prudent apprehension of suspected violators of the law, regardless of an individual's status in the community.
- To provide the resources necessary for assisting citizens under special non-criminal circumstances.
- To ensure integrity and adherence to the professional standards of the Agency by investigating all complaints against Agency personnel. To provide for the training needs of officers and promote a high rate of proficiency in the officers of the Agency. To address the career development goals of agency personnel.